This conference, initially foreseen in July 2020, has been rescheduled in 2021 due to COVID-19 conditions.
Objective: The Conference is intended to provide a platform for researchers to exchange information and identify research needs in the interdisciplinary, rapidly developing research area of interfacial phenomena encompassing several disciplines including chemical and mechanical engineering, applied mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology. This Conference is an excellent opportunity to create the synergy between fundamental and applied aspects in this field where numerous developments are expected. The Conference has to be a kind of “brain storming” and has to lead to the better understanding of several limited and very important research areas.
Topics for discussions will include five scientific directions:
- Phase change phenomena, boiling, condensation, evaporation, phase change in confined space, two-phase flows, micro channel
- Interfacial phenomena. Nonequilibrium effects on the gas- liquid and liquid- solid interfaces
- Nano- and micro- structured surfaces for enhancement of phase change phenomena, wettability
- Contact line phenomena, nucleation, droplets, bubbles, sprays, dry spots formation, entrainment, critical heat flux
- Interfacial phenomena in biology, chemical reactions
Special event: Workshop on
“Two-phase flow and heat transfer in industrial applications”, 1-2 July 2021
The workshop aims to present, by recognized industrial experts, the existing technologies and the unsolved problems in various industrial processes, where two-phase flow and heat transfer phenomena are involved.Download announcement here
The conference will take place at IUSTI laboratory, Aix-Marseille Université see map here
The city of Marseilles offers a variety of historical, scenic, and sporting sites that you will be able to enjoy very probably under sunny skies.